Tuesday 30 July 2013

Great website for guitar players

If you haven't already discovered it, you should go and have a look at the Premier Guitar website. It's packed with useful information. www.premierguitar.com

Guitar teaching and performing have been keeping me busy for quite a while now, hence the obvious neglect of the blog. Must try harder!

Any lovers of big distortion sounds would do well to check out the Bognor Ecstasy Red pedal. I picked one up from guitarguitar Birmingham a while ago. In fact I went in a tried it on 3 separate occasions, and resisted until the third attempt... it really is good. I've been using it to get a Steve Vai / EVH type of distortion, which it does very well. That said I even used it on a very low gain setting at a blues gig to push my amp slightly. Great pedal. Fans of Steve will remember he used the Bognor Ecstasy head for a while. Here's a link, it has a video embedded down the page too: www.guitarguitar.co.uk/pedals_s_detail.asp?stock=12101714361016

Lynden


No comments:

Post a Comment